Position: Water Technician
The purpose of this position is to perform maintenance and repair of machines, equipment and pipeline systems used to provide pressure, maintain levels, and distribute water for human consumption, water for industrial use and the evacuation of sewers through sewerage systems. The arrays of systems to be monitored in this position include water treatment plant systems, potable water reticulation lines, raw water reticulation lines, laboratory, sewer lines, lifting stations and sewerage treatment plants.
- Undertake new connections, re-connections, and minor
- Perform minor water engineering designs and prepare project
- Superintend, operate, and monitor control systems and related
- Routine maintenance of the water and sewerage infrastructure as per the maintenance schedule.
- Record and maintain data, and provide accurate, insightful, and timely reports, memos and presentations.
- Repair malfunctions, breakages, or leaks on piping systems, install, secure, weld, assemble, and lubricate pipes
- Measure and cut pipes according to requirements for new construction and maintenance projects
- Ensure timely collection of samples and routine analysis of potable water in order to ensure the final output, and at end users meets the stipulated
- Operate and maintain treatment systems and ensure it is in good working condition and certification standards are
- Inspect machines and equipment periodically, lubricating moving parts, or replacing worn parts to prevent breakdown or
- Regularly inspect water bodies and keep records of their
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and perform appropriate follow-ups.
Hard skills and experience:
- Ordinary National Diploma/ Technical College Degree or undergraduate degree in hydrology, water engineering or other related studies from a recognized
- Must have at least 6 years of proven working experience in an industrial scale-water treatment plant as a pipefitter, plumber, and treatment plant operator
- Must have the ability to read blueprints and design drawings
- Must have hands-on of at least 3 years of experience in machinery operation and preventive maintenance of water and sewerage
- Good understanding of principles and procedures of water treatment and distribution, and wastewater treatment and
- Proficiency in the use of MS word, and relevant water software’s and can interpret
- Ability to work well in frequently changing security environments
- Good reporting skills.
- Mature, pragmatic and
- Team player but comfortable working
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Rigorous and organized
- Good attention to
- Ability to work with dangerous chemicals and knowledge of health and safety guidelines for chemical handling and heavy
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the
- Ability to work in shifts and do overtime hours
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and maintain organization in a rapidly changing environment.
- High energy;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; and
- Desire to live and work in Epe, Lagos.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to quoting ‘Water Technician’ as the subject.