Position: Project Manager
To manage project delivery and interface, responsible for ensuring the project objectives are met with successful internal and external stakeholder involvement, achieving best in class levels of HSE, business and manpower performance during all phases of the project.
Responsible for input on urban planning, development conceptualization, design, infrastructure planning, delivery and implementation (including value engineering), adherence to budget, leasing and contracting, negotiating general project management as well as managing necessary stakeholders to ensure the project is completed on time, within budget, and to the approved quality.
- Develop a detailed program of works in line with the business and project plans; making the necessary updates and periodic changes as applicable.
- Oversee the preparation of the “Project Briefs” and any updates in line with the approved project plans.
- Oversee and the review and approval processes of the project design and any modifications.
- Liaise with the design consultants in the preparation of concept sketches, project presentations, and initial analysis layouts and plans.
- Prepare a detailed project plans and program of works with clear milestones and target dates.
- Vendor relationship management and coordination of RFP process and appointments for design and construction packages.
- Manage and supervise contractors and sub-contractors including but not limited to architects, engineers, quantity surveyors, and other consultants, ensuring construction guidelines are maintained and work is carried out effectively and according to plan.
- Coordinate and monitor all tasks related to the implementation of the project objectives in the business plan and budget, design coordination, construction progress, and all other
- Monitor necessary coordination to manage project sites and logistics, project documentation, project costs, working capital management, and other elements of project management.
- Assist in the preparation of tender documents (including all bills of quantities, specs, payment terms, contract, quality plan, program, health & safety plan, insurance, collateral warranties, etc.) for all packages.
- Assist in aligning the scope, quality, timelines, and costs in line with project objectives.
- Coordinate statutory planning submissions and follow up with Development Control Committee and Government departments to ensure timely approvals.
- Assist the delivery and tracking of project specifications and guidelines for consultants /contractors and other team members while implementing best in class HSE strategies.
- Work closely with the construction and delivery teams in ensuring smooth execution of infrastructure, activation, and other aspects of the projects.
- Supervision of appointed project consultants and contractors, and coordinating and monitoring all aspects of their responsibilities.
- Prepare periodic cashflow projections, budget analysis, and cost reports for the project.
- Monitoring project progress to ensure delivery targets are met to pre-agreed timelines, budget, and quality specifications.
- Assist in QA/QC for the projects and coordinate testing schedules.
- Provide timely, accurate, and complete weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as required.
- Ensure application and compliance with Group Anti-Corruption and Bribery Policy, Anti-Money Laundering Policy, and Health, Safety, and Quality standards.
- Ensure adherence to Health, Safety, and Quality standards.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Managing Director.
Hard skills and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, project management, real estate focused discipline or equivalent.
- Minimum 12 – 15 years of relevant experience in project management and construction management, in infrastructure projects and/ or real estate development.
- 8-10 years of experience in managing multiple-use real estate projects, particularly large scale developments; ideally in Africa.
- Effective development/project management skills.
- Excellent budgeting skills.
- Excellent data compilation/reporting skills.
- Advanced Project Management.
- Effective business writing skills
- Mature, pragmatic, and flexible approach, strong commercial judgment.
- Team player but comfortable working autonomously.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Rigorous and organized approach.
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- Quick learner and ability and pick up new skills in other related fields.
- High energy.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Desire to live and work in Epe, Lagos.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to quoting
‘Project Manager’, as the subject.