POWER & INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Position: Power & Infrastructure Engineer
In close collaboration with the Utilities manager, this position administers all monitoring and supervision of the generation power plants and the electrical distribution network’s technical and day- to-day operational functions and components.
Other responsibilities include:
- Prepare basic and detailed engineering specifications and designs for networks and plant protection systems, network automation and substation control systems, network upgrades, telecommunication networks and metering
- Preparing engineering drawings, analyzing client’s electrical requirements, demands and
- Design schematic and wiring diagrams for SCADA operation, control, and status to interconnect with both new and existing
- Design protective relay and metering schemes, equipment specification, and smart grid applications
- Define protection and control and ancillary apparatus requirements for input to System Construction Authorisation (SCA), Project Technical Specifications and documentation and advise on construction and outage programmes where required in relation to control and protection.
- Provide technical support to the project team on matters concerning the design, construction and operation of power control and protection systems and lead the technical resolution of site/ construction control and protection
- Management of low, medium and high voltage networks and
- Track, manage and repair all transmission lines, distribution lines, substation equipment, switch gear & renewable energy
- Operate and maintain 33kV substation, switchboard, power and distribution transformers, AC UPS, DC UPS, battery banks, overhead lines, underground cables, lighting and earthing
- Analyze clients’ power requirements/demands and designing appropriate solutions to meet the
- Prepare and issue work permits to contractors and sub-contractors carrying out electrical work within Alaro City Electricity Company’s jurisdiction.
- Supervise expenditures and the preparation of procurement requests and tender documents as
- Undertake technical evaluation of tender documents and ensure compliance with stipulated technical
- Carry out preliminary inspection of all clients’ facilities as part of the new client onboarding process to determine supplemental connection works for last mile service
- Design and generate associated bills of quantities for last mile power connection to
- Supervise installation and commissioning of all metering apparatus (energy meters, CTs, RMUs etc) before commencing
- Prepare basic and detailed engineering specifications and designs for networks and plant protection systems, network automation and substation control systems, network upgrades, telecommunication networks and
- Undertake energy audits and account for all power losses within the network and propose suitable solutions to keep power losses to a
- Monitor generation sources including gas generation plants and Solar-PV systems to ensure the optimization and utilization of the least cost of Energy (LCOE) option at any given
- Carry out periodic inspection of client’s facilities to ensure compliance with operations expectations as outlined in the customer charter and application form
- Analyze financial, technical and billing data and identify issues and opportunities; support and reinforce front-office efforts for credit
- Undertake power infrastructure designs including protection systems, control and automation systems complete with provision for integration to new and existing
- Define protection and control and ancillary apparatus requirements for input to System Construction Authorisation (SCA), Project Technical Specifications and documentation and advise on construction and outage programmes where required in relation to control and
- Provide technical support to the project team on matters concerning the design, construction/installations, testing , commissioning and operation of power control and protection systems and lead the technical resolution of site/ construction control and protection issues.
Hard skills and experience:
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience designing, supervising builds, managing, or working in a utility setup or utility infrastructure and technology deployment environment, including but not limited to electricity generation, supply and
- Experience in construction, operation and maintenance of 415/11/33kV electricity network.
- Experience in Relay coordination, RMU programming, Auto re-closer operations and power system
- Experience in electrical plant matters, repair and maintenance of indoor and outdoor 11kV and 33kV
- Experience in substation testing, maintenance planning, and injection substation management including gas-powered
- Enhanced skills in locating and quickly repairing defects in electrical systems, including metering and SCADA systems.
- Authorised to operate high voltage
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical engineering from a reputable
- Proficiency in using Auto-CAD program and power analysis software g NEPLAN
- Registration as a professional/graduate Engineer with COREN.
- Must have a customer-centric approach to daily operations so that he/she can impart these qualities to other team
- Must have a strong mentoring ability to share and impart knowledge to develop operational
- Understanding and ability to build capacity across disciplines within the country O&M organisation e. people, structures and processes.
- Must be able to adapt to the needs of a start-up organisation and field challenges including shift- based
- Must have a detailed and thorough approach to operational
- Must be curious and entrepreneurial in their general approach to tasks.
- Ability to understand the needs of an electrical design and construction office and a utilities business from a service viewpoint and its financial
- Must be able to climb up and down ladders and heights, and generally fit to perform field responsibilities and duties
- Requires 24-hour response Monday to Saturday and availability to be on standby for emergency response at all .
- Strong commercial
- Mature, pragmatic and has a flexible approach,
- Team player but comfortable working
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Rigorous and organized
- Good attention to
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the
- High energy;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; and
- Desire to live and work in Epe, Lagos.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to quoting ‘Power & Infrastructure Engineer’ as the subject.