Position: Landscaping Manager
• Plan and execute landscaping in priority areas, including but not limited to:
a. Entrance perimeter setback;
b. Helipad area;
c. Activation Road medians and plot setback;
d. Main Boulevard medians and plot setback;
e. Universal access road;
f. Site Office and Universal show home;
g. Greenways 1 & 2 (inclusive of the utilities corridor); and
h. Nursery Area.
• Consistently maintain and enhance an area’s physical appearance, and aesthetics and provide environmental benefits by designing and implementing landscaping of the precincts and public spaces within Alaro City.
• Maintenance of the landscaped areas within Alaro City.
• Restoration of common green spaces disturbed by construction.
• Ensure post-planting clean-up of the roads, paths, drain covers and drainage.
• Oversee the hiring and management of staff, casual workers and specialist consultants.
• Conduct preliminary studies and analyse environmental reports on land conditions such as contours, ecology, drainage, and energy usage.
• Confer with clients, engineers, and building architects to understand the project’s landscaping requirements.
• Assist with the environmental impact assessment and ensure that it is adhered to.
• Work with and assist the Construction & Delivery team, the City management team and Utilities team in delivering a landscaping design concept
• Prepare graphic representations of proposed plans using computer-aided design and drafting (CAD) software.
• Compile a budget for the landscaping works and landscaping maintenance requirements, including tools and equipment to be purchased and rented.
• Inspect landscaping work to ensure that it adheres to original plans, the agreed time plan, and costs.
• Prepare and submit reports and updates to your Line Manager, including but not limited to landscaping progress and maintenance reports, development plans, and all other reports as requested.
• Develop, implement and periodically update the landscaping guidelines for the Alaro City Development Control Committee.
• Plan and deliver effective management of plant nurseries.
Hard skills and experience:
1. Higher Diploma/ undergraduate degree in Landscaping, Horticulture or related discipline from a reputable institution
2. Must have at least 6 – 8 years of proven working experience;
3. Must have hands on of at least 5 years’ experience in landscaping, and preventive maintenance of large green spaces;
4. Effective development/project management skills;
5. Excellent budgeting skills;
6. Excellent reporting skills.
1. Mature, pragmatic and flexible.
2. Team player but comfortable working autonomously.
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
4. Rigorous and organized approach.
5. Good attention to detail.
6. Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
7. Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and maintain organization in a rapidly changing environment.
1. High energy;
3. Strong work ethic;
4. Ability to work effectively under pressure; and
5. Desire to live and work in Epe, Lagos.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to quoting ‘Landscaping Manager’ as the subject.