FREE ZONE ASSOCIATE
Position: Free Zone Associate
- Provide support to existing and potential clients to include but not limited to free zone
administration, orientation, onboarding, incentives and investment opportunities.
- Registration of clients with the required regulatory bodies within the zone and ensuring
operating licences are issued promptly.
- Ensure receipt of annual returns from enterprises in line with Alaro City and NEPZA
regulations for submission to the zone administrator.
- Liaison between clients and regulatory bodies including but not limited to Nigeria Export
Processing Zones Authority (NEPZA), Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Nigeria Immigration
Service (NIS), Nigeria Police Force (NPF).
- Oversee the maintenance of the Alaro City free zone registry.
- Ensure budgeted revenue from fees and charges are tracked and collected as and when
due and in line with the business plan.
- Coordinate entry and exit of expatriates to and from the zone.
- Processing Subject To Regularization (STR) Visa with NEPZA; work permits and other
documents authorizing stay in the zone.
- Liaise with the NCS in processing documentation required for the import and export of goods
and consignment to and from the zone using the NICIS II application.
- Receive and handle correspondence on Goods in Transit including but not limited to losses,
damages and other claims.
- Document locally purchased goods from Nigeria Customs Territory to the free zone to avoid
duplicity of charges bourne by clients.
- Support the in maintenance of the existing Alaro City Free Zone Registry on Egnyte.
- Collect departmental information for quarterly returns to be reviewed by your Line Manager
and approved by the COO in readiness for submission to the zone administrator.
- Registration of vehicles with NEPZA/FRSC and acquisition of all supporting documentation
and plate numbers.
- Support the preparation of timely reports and feedback on a free zone related matters.
- Support to manage external stakeholders to ensure mutually beneficial relationships at all
times. This includes but is not limited to the Epe community, regulatory bodies and all other
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by your Line Manager
Hard skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2 – 3 years experience or any similar combination of education and experience (experience
during NYSC or internships while in school acceptable).
- Experience in free zone management would be a plus.
- Demonstrable knowledge of free zone regulations, policies and requirements;
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Task-oriented, initiative driven, and enthusiastic.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Good IT skills; and
- Attention to detail and proficiency in administration
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management
- High energy.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to quoting ‘Free Zone Associate’ as the subject.