Position: DCC Administrator
- Reviewing development plans from clients to determine compliance before circulation to the DCC Committee.
- Undertake effective consultation with customers before and during all works concerning their property.
- Administer DCC review and approval fees to clients in accordance with the fees structure.
- Providing required information to clients and contractors on policies, parcel plans, building development, and others.
- Ensure contractors onsite understand DCC policies, parcel plans, building development, design specifications and contractors’ code.
- Manage, track and coordinate development approvals. Organize and monitor schedules and see that deadlines are met.
- Liaison between DCC, the clients, contractors, regulators, Alaro City infrastructure delivery team and other interested parties.
- Scheduling all DCC internal and external meetings with appropriate stakeholders
- Complete any necessary research on practices and ensure that development policies are in line with the industry regulations.
- Conduct routine site visit to ensure strict adherence to submitted and approved development plans and quality workmanship.
- Prepare detailed reports on any deviations in workmanship, construction activity or schedules together with appropriate recommendations.
- Prepare and submit detailed analytical reports as scheduled to provide decision-makers with reliable and accurate information on the status of ongoing DCC projects.
- Develop and present architectural design proposals, renders, drawings, specifications, and budgets for Alaro City projects.
- Frequent site inspections to ensure all development are carried out in accordance with DCC policies, procedures, and guidelines. Witnesses testing and quality control activities to ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Assist in the daily DCC administration, planning, and appraisals
- Ensure contractors onsite understand DCC policies, parcel plans, building development, and contractors’ code.
- Carry out a thorough study of the drawings and specifications. Check for errors and discrepancies in the drawings and specifications and report to the Development Control Engineering team.
- Prepare detailed reports on any deviations in workmanship, construction activity or schedules together with appropriate recommendations
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by your Line Manager.
Hard skills and experience:
- A degree in Architecture with equivalent experience in Project Management, Construction Management or equivalent.
- At least four years’ experience involving mixed-use developments or diversified property portfolios.
- General construction knowledge and ability to regularly interact with engineers, architects, city planners, and general contractors
- Ability to read and interpret CAD files, including MEP.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent knowledge of urban and town planning best practices, policies and standards.
- Excellent knowledge of OSHA regulations and guidelines
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible.
- Team player but comfortable working autonomously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Rigorous and organized approach.
- Good attention to detail.
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and maintain organization in a rapidly changing environment.
- High energy;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure; and
- Desire to live and work in Epe, Lagos.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to quoting ‘DCC Administrator’ as the subject.