CITY SERVICES CREDIT CONTROLLER
Position: City Services Credit Controller
As the City Services Credit Controller, you will be responsible for the coordination of the department’s service charge and other city revenues collection, administering financial records, systems and processes of the city management department, including accounting, bookkeeping, record keeping, banking of cheques, initiating purchase requests, receiving goods and services, quality control and all related assignments by your line manager.
- Ensure optimum service charge and other city revenues collection.
- Propose to the management, reasonable payment plans for outstanding payments and ensure clients stick to their payment plans.
- Initiate, monitor and report on daily transactions in accounts payables and receivables.
- Prepare and coordinate the preparation of the City Management department budget while ensuring cost control and daily tracking of expenses against the City Management budget.
- Provide accurate and insightful financial reports to the City Manager weekly or in any other frequency as requested.
- Coordinate between City Management, Alaro Market, FM, the procurement department, the finance department, contractors and other key stakeholders, ensuring efficiency in the flow of transactions.
- Ensure quality control by guaranteeing value for money.
- Ensure that proper company procedures are followed and that payment of suppliers is done expeditiously.
- Work with the City Manager and other team members to identify new business opportunities through which the city management department can generate additional revenues.
- Foster positive and productive client relationships through periodic physical and virtual meetings with external and internal City Management clients, external client’s contacts updates and communication tracking.
- Expeditiously handle customers’ questions or complaints.
- Ensure the City Management department’s data, documents and records are well organized, easily retrievable and stored digitally and physically backed up whenever necessary.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the management.
Hard skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
- Previous work experience as a credit controller or debt collector and in other finance roles.
- Proficient in Accounting and Office software.
- Ability to reconcile complex debtors’ accounts.
- Ability to work with targets within tight deadlines.
- Good understanding of payment plans and interest rates.
- Ability to review and understand complex legal land sale and lease documents.
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Good time-management skills.
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible.
- Team player but comfortable working autonomously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Rigorous and organized approach.
- Good attention to detail.
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and maintain organization in a rapidly changing environment.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to firmly but diplomatically and respectfully deal with problematic clients.
- High energy.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an up-to-date CV to quoting ‘City Services Credit Controller’ as the subject.